We have developed a lesson plan on Scheherazade and the music of Rimsky-Korsakov, featuring music education information and games, cross curricular activities on art, geography, and storytelling. The music education games are referenced to the National and State standards in Music Education, the learning concepts of the games are also described.
Download Lesson Plan for Scheherazade (PDF: 1143K/5 pages) (Packet includes Standards in Scheherazade Music Games and Learning Concepts)
Download these activities for your classroom:
- Scheherazade Text (Narrative and Listening-and-Learning text from the Flash module) (PDF: 120/3 pages)
- Quiz A (to be given to students prior to their exploration of the Scheherazade education module) (PDF: 83K/1 page)
- QuizB (Listening-and-Learning Quiz) (PDF: 97K/1 page)
- Persian MiniatureArt Coloring Activity (PDF: 369K/2 pages)
- Storytelling Activity (PDF: 368K/2 pages)
- Geography Activity (PDF: 191K/1 page)
You can also download or print a PDF version of all resource material found in the oil jars:
- Scheherazade Background and Resources (Art, Geography, Storytelling, About the Composer) (PDF: 334K/3 pages)
GO CLASSICAL FOR KIDS is sponsored by Classical KUSC and Creative Kids Education Foundation; additional funding from Eleven Twenty Seven Foundation.
Producer and Writer: Dr. Jama Laurent, Creative Kids Education Foundation
Web Design and Development: John Marchena & Ann Zumwinkle for zumwinkle.com
Sound Engineering: Douglas Bland for zumwinkle.com
KUSC CEO and President: Brenda Barnes
KUSC General Manager: Eric DeWeese
Recording of “Scheherazade, Op. 35”, composed by Nicolai Rimski-Korsakov, conducted by Riccardo Muti and performed by the Philadelphia Orchestra, courtesy EMI Records.
Fish animation courtesy Guto Araki
Image permission and reproduction rights have been secured for all images on this site.